On February 7, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra released updated regulations to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The updates contain a number of material modifications to the initial CCPA regulations that AG Becerra’s office released in October 2019.
Alston & Bird has compiled a privacy briefing summarizing the 30 key modifications to the Regulations that potentially impact businesses. These include modifications to rules regarding:
- Notices companies must provide (there are new types!);
- How companies must intake and process consumer requests to access or delete data;
- “Do Not Sell My Info” requests;
- How B2B service providers can use customer data; and
- Data-mediated financial incentive programs.